Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Constant Princess, Philippa Gregory

The Constant PrincessThe Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am giving The Constant Princess four stars simply because I think Philippa Gregory always does such a wonderful job giving a voice to intriguing historical characters. I had always felt that Katherine of Aragon was sort of a boring character, overshadowed by the much more dramatic and scandalous stories of Anne Boleyn and the rest of Henry VIII's life. But after reading The Constant Princess I have a greater appreciation for her fascinating life. I must say that the event of reading the book itself was not always 100% engaging (especially when compared to The Other Boleyn Girl and The Boleyn Inheritance), and I had actually put the book down for a very long time before finally finishing it. But overall, Philippa Gregory can always be counted on for well-researched, richly detailed historical fiction.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment