For lighter reading, I have also been enjoying the Mercy Thompson series, a series I would recommend for anyone who likes the whole Sookie Stackhouse/Anita Blake Urban Fantasy genre (werewolves, vampires, etc).
The end of the year was consumed by reading literature for my British lit class, my favorite of which was definitely Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. For some reason I never seem to pick up any classics to read on my own, even though I literally have pretty much all of them on my NOOK, so it's always nice to read that kind of stuff in school because I always become enthralled by them when I do.
I have about a million other books sitting on my shelves, patiently waiting to be read... but that will have to be another year...
Books read in 2011
- Blameless (Parasol Protectorate #3), Gail Carriger
- The Constant Princess, Philippa Gregory
- Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1), Patricia Briggs
- Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson #2), Patricia Briggs
- Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson #3), Patricia Briggs
- Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse #11), Charlaine Harris
- Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson #5), Patricia Briggs
- Heartless (Parasol Protectorate #4), Gail Carriger
- A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire #5), George R.R. Martin
- The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicles #1), Patrick Rothfuss
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, J.R.R Tolkien translation
- The Canterbury Tales, Geoffrey Chaucer
- Twelfth Night, William Shakespeare
- Paradise Lost, John Milton
Honorable mentions/Books I started in 2011 but didn't finish yet...
- Elizabeth: The Struggle for the Throne, David Starkey
- The Lady in the Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn, Alison Weir
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Harriett Beecher Stowe