Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Discovery of Witches, Deborah Harkness


A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1)A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Overall I did enjoy reading A Discovery of Witches. Did I think the love story was a little lame, and that a large portion of the middle was kind of boring and dragged on? Well, yes. But I think what I liked most about this story was the magic and the infusion of history and literature, not to mention that a large portion of the story took place in a terrific setting. Very cool. The magic in this book did remind me of Harry Potter magic, which is very near and dear to my heart, and I look forward to finding out more about Diana's power. I am so excited that they are going back to Elizabethan England in the next book, which earns it mega bonus points in my book. I liked most of the characters and their interactions with one another, I just felt that the Matthew-Diana relationship was not all that it could have been, and I am not as enthralled with Matthew as I have been with other literary male love interests, but oh well. I will definitely be moving on to Shadow of Night.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment